POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rotating Statue with HDRI lighting : Re: Oops, sorry about MPG split. Server Time
19 Jul 2024 11:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oops, sorry about MPG split.
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 22 Jul 2003 12:08:54
Message: <3F1D6195.C7BF054A@gmx.de>
None wrote:

> [...]
> But I'm on a newsgroup, normally people on newsgroups use
> basic standard newsreader software.  You are acting like this is a non-
> standard newsgroup.

This is a nonstandard newsgroup.  These newsgroups are not part of USENET,
therefore different rules apply.

> You're accusing me of not knowing what I'm talking about, that may be so,
> but could you clarify why you are unable to read multi-part messages?

I have explained why it is in your own interest not to post multipart
messages.  And you meanwhile also have complied with that suggestion
(thanks for that).  If you want to discuss the advantages of posting
attachments distributed on several messages you are free to do so in
povray.off-topic.

Coming back to on-topic, the artefacts can probably only be avoided by
slower radiosity settings but the flickering in the animation is only
because the radiosity calculations are made again for every frame as it
seems.  This also unnecessarily slows down the render.  Saving and reusing
the radiosity data will probably help a lot.

Christoph

Last updated 17 Jun. 2003 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______